|Emergency Number: 911||Non-emergency: 954-389-2010|
TRASH REMOVAL AND TRASH DISPOSAL SITES
Permitted trash disposal sites in Broward County are located at:
- Central Disposal (owned and operated by Waste Management, Inc.)
- 2700 NW 48th Street, Pompano Beach, Florida (going north on Powerline Road, 48th Street is at the first light north of Sample Road).
- Phone: 954-977-9551.
- Broward Interim/Contingency Landfill (BIC) (owned and operated by the County)
- US Route 27 and Sheridan Street, unincorporated Broward County.
- Phone: 954-357-5330.
Call Animal Care at 954-359-1313 ext. 300 for a kennel list.
State Highway Patrol: 850-617-2000
Area Hospitals —
- Cleveland Clinic: 954-659-5000
- Memorial West: 954-436-5000
- Memorial Hospital Miramar: 954-538-5000
- Dan Marino Outpatient Center: 954-385-6200
- Broward Health Weston: 954-217-5700
Animal Shelters —
- Animal Care: 954-989-3977
- Animal Shelter: 954-359-1313
Hurricane Shelter for Weston —
- Falcon Cove Middle School
- 4251 Bonaventure Boulevard, Weston, FL (From I-75/ Griffin Rd. Exit
Take Griffin Rd. West Turn Right onto Bonaventure Blvd.)
THE VULNERABLE POPULATION REGISTRY
The Vulnerable Population Registry is for residents who are at risk due to disability, frailty or health issues, regardless of age, who elect to stay at home in the event of a hurricane or other emergency. The Registry is a partnership between Broward County and municipalities to help emergency responders better plan for recoveries from hurricanes and other emergencies. It is not a guarantee of assistance.
After a hurricane or other emergency, residents may experience prolonged power and phone outages. Municipalities may use the Registry to help evaluate resident needs and to assist in planning their response in an emergency. While registering in the database is not a guarantee that you will be provided services or placed on a priority list for responders, it will help responders be better prepared to meet resident needs in a recovery.
You can register online or by calling 311 in Broward or 954-831-4000 (TTY 954-831-3940), or by contacting your city's emergency management agency. All the information provided will be held in the strictest confidence as required by State law.
Note: The Vulnerable Population Registry does not automatically register you for a special needs shelter or evacuation transportation. For sheltering and transportation information visit broward.org/atrisk and Special Medical Needs.